Update on Clay Pain firing

Awhile back I did this post on clay pain, and bad firing results.  I decide the two knitting bowls, the lower ones, couldn’t be abandoned just yet.  (Sooo much work…)  Another clay person suggested I added another bottom onto them, like a flowerpot, to catch the glaze drips and clean up the edges.  So I decided to go with it.  There was so much glaze buildup on the bottom of the bowls, so I added blue glass bits (like people put in vases with flowers).  They melt nicely and give a pretty look, so I was hoping it would disguise the mess.  It did, I think.  I dipped the top lip in an eggplant purple glaze and the base as well, and hoped for the best.  They are better.  They are prettier messes.  They still won’t function great as knitter’s bowls, since the glaze still blocks some of the openings.  But I feel like I gave them the best shot they were going to get at being beautiful.

IMG_4856 IMG_4857 IMG_4858 IMG_4859 IMG_4860 IMG_4861 IMG_4862 IMG_4863

Advertisements

~ by collidescopes on July 11, 2013.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

 
%d bloggers like this: