I bought this at a local decorator/craft store.


The texture was a little too much, and the roof was metal and the sides were wood and I wanted it to look more like different materials, so I painted it a bit.  And I thought the details at the top looked a little to oriental for the style I was going for, so I covered it with ribbon.

Then I put shells in it–at first I just set them in but it was a jumbled mess so I took it all out again.   By adding the glass hurricane lamp with the candle, it pressed the shells to the outside and made them  more visible.

Happy with the results!



~ by collidescopes on October 22, 2012.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: